If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a discount, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Needs
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) will soon be submitted to PubMed Central after last problem book and certainly will freely be made for sale in year.
- You will find extra US national Agencies and funders that are private have actually partnerships utilizing the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A summary of these businesses is available. For certain information about how to comply with the policies of the funders, be sure to see their web sites. Info on depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity with an access policy that is public.
- Please be aware that some funders (including the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may need book under an Open Access permit and subsequent repayment of the charge. Start access expenses and book costs are authorized expenses that are grant which writers can look for reimbursement from the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders operating under their policies. These articles will retain the after language: “this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons internet site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in just about any medium, offered the initial tasks are precisely cited.”
- Should your manuscript is accepted for book, you are expected during the evidence stage to ensure the capital way to obtain your paper and also to consent to pay any relevant post-publication access charges.
- Reimbursement: Although we have been generally speaking not able to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after book, writers reimbursement that is seeking contact the main Publications Officer at email@example.com.
Manuscript Preparation Instructions and Checklist
Below is just a list regarding the fundamental structure demands. To learn more, see Editorial Policies. When you have any concerns, contact the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the policies that are editorial. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals allow submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload a solitary pdf of all of the submission files. Nonetheless, if writers decide to upload a .doc type of their manuscript file, the machine should be able to draw out a lot of the metadata immediately, which might speed moving through the submission form that is online. Take note that aside from which choice writers choose, text, figures, and tables needs to be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Work with a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the entire manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures will undoubtedly be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Spot all tables and numbers following the recommendations and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you start the distribution procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Comprehensive names, organizations, and email details for every writer.
- Submitting authors have to provide an ORCiD whenever uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single author.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and e-mail details for three suggested reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted was once rejected by the log to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No resume cover letter becomes necessary. A text block is supplied through the distribution procedure for unique needs.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed into the Figure directions happen followed.
Recommendations on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of the manuscript may be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be utilized for editor and reviewer purposes that suggests all changes designed to the written text, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content which have all color and mark-up taken out of text, legends, and tables which will be utilized by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript ought to be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Take note that apart from one content showing color or markup, the 2 copies of the manuscript should both add all revisions and start to become identical. The copy that is clean include all revisions reflected when you look at the marked-up version, but have tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Utilize constant line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript and also the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line figures will likely to be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Reproduced and adapted numbers and tables are allowed just in mini-reviews. Observe that the permissions staff will assist the writer with distinguishing the appropriate kind of authorization to have. Whenever determining the status of the figure / table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you developed a figure or table designed for the work being submitted, this can be a genuine with no permissions are expected.
REPRODUCED: then it is reproduced if a figure or table appears in a new publication exactly as it appeared in the original publication. Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution towards the source that is original be supplied.
ADJUSTED: If a figure or dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the initial look but nevertheless closely resembles the first. Authorization should be distributed by the publisher and attribution towards the initial supply must be supplied.
In cases where a figure or dining dining table makes use of elements from another source, or sources that are multiple writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
In the event that you produce a figure or dining table that (1) includes some body else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are included into the work to illustrate comparable facts or conclusions, in that case your reproduction of these data/illustrative elements is really a derivative work (or “adaptation”). Authorization should be acquired through the owner and a citation towards the initial work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
Then your usage might be “transformative. in the event your usage of some body else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes past just adjusting their act as described above,” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely not used to the root data/illustrative elements or provide an alternate function, function, or character as compared to work that is original. One element to think about is whether or not the brand new work will remain competitive with or as supplanting the need for the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive using the work that is original. If you think your usage is transformative, you will need to look for guidance from your own appropriate institutional officers to look for the legal status regarding the numbers and tables you consist of together with your presented manuscript and supply the right language when you look at the figure/table legend.
As such and make a clear statement (citation) in the figure/table legend about the source of the data if you determine your work is “transformative” and does not require permission essay writer for you from the owner, you must certify it. It’s important that particular instances be plainly examined by the writers and when required, the institution(s) accountable for the task submitted by the writers. Writers ought to be ready to give you the editorial workplace with documentation showing the first figure or dining table and describing the transformative nature associated with the work that is new.