If you transfer your manuscript to Journal associated with the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial distribution is declined by JCEM and it’s also accepted for book in JES, you can easily claim a single-use code entitling one to a $500 discount on your own manuscript’s book charges, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, in case it is posted in 2019, or perhaps a 10% discount in your manuscript’s publication costs, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s posted in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Needs
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) is supposed to be submitted to PubMed Central after last problem book and certainly will be produced easily obtainable in one year.
- You will find extra US national Agencies and personal funders that have partnerships utilizing the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed edubirdies org Central infrastructure. A listing of these businesses can be seen. For certain here is how to adhere to the policies of those funders, be sure to see their sites. Home elevators depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity with a general public access policy.
- Please be aware that some funders (like the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may necessitate book under an Open Access permit and payment that is subsequent of charge. Start access expenses and book fees are authorized expenses that are grant which authors can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will retain the after language: “This is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons web site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in just about any medium, supplied the initial work is correctly cited.”
- In case the manuscript is accepted for book, you are expected in the evidence phase to ensure the money way to obtain your paper also to consent to spend any relevant post-publication access charges.
- Reimbursement: Although our company is generally speaking struggling to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access fees after book, writers reimbursement that is seeking contact the principle Publications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript Preparation Tips and Checklist
Below is a list of this basic structure demands. To learn more, see Editorial Policies. When you have any queries, contact the editorial staff at email@example.com.
Instructions on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the policies that are editorial. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload a solitary pdf of all of the distribution files. Nevertheless, if writers elect to upload a .doc form of their manuscript file, the device should be able to draw out a lot of the metadata immediately, which might speed going through the online submission kind. Please be aware that irrespective of which choice writers choose, text, numbers, and tables needs to be uploaded as separate files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Work with a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures will likely be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Put all tables and numbers following the recommendations and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you begin the submission procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Complete names, organizations, and e-mail details for every single writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD when uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and email details for three suggested reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted once was refused by the log to which it’s being resubmitted.
- No employment cover letter is required. A text block is supplied throughout the distribution procedure for unique demands.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed into the Figure directions have already been followed.
Directions on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of the manuscript will soon be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be properly used for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes built to the written text, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content which includes all color and mark-up taken off text, legends, and tables which is employed by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript must certanly be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Please be aware that regardless of one content color that is showing markup, the 2 copies of the manuscript should both add all revisions and start to become identical. The clean content should include all revisions reflected within the marked-up version, but have tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Utilize constant line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript and also the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line figures will likely to be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Adapted and reproduced numbers and tables are permitted just in mini-reviews. Observe that the permissions staff will assist the writer with distinguishing the appropriate style of authorization to have. Whenever determining the status of the figure / dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you developed a figure or table designed for the ongoing work being submitted, this is certainly an initial with no permissions are expected.
REPRODUCED: then it is reproduced if a figure or table appears in a new publication exactly as it appeared in the original publication. Permission should be written by the publisher and attribution to your initial supply must be supplied.
ADAPTED: If a figure or dining dining dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the appearance that is original but closely resembles the initial. Authorization should be provided by the publisher and attribution into the source that is original be supplied.
If your figure or dining dining dining table utilizes elements from another supply, or numerous sources, writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization must certanly be acquired through the owner and a citation to your initial work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
If for example the usage of some body else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes past merely adapting their act as described above, after that your usage could be “transformative.” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely new to the root data/illustrative elements or provide a unique function, function, or character compared to work that is original. One element to take into account is whether the work that is new compete with or as supplanting the interest in the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive aided by the initial work. You need to seek guidance from your appropriate institutional officers to determine the legal status of the figures and tables you include with your submitted manuscript and provide the appropriate language in the figure/table legend if you believe your use is transformative.
As such and make a clear statement (citation) in the figure/table legend about the source of the data if you determine your work is “transformative” and does not require permission from the owner, you must certify it. It is necessary that particular situations be demonstrably examined because of the writers and when required, the institution(s) in charge of the job submitted by the authors. Writers should always be willing to give you the editorial workplace with paperwork showing the initial figure or table and explaining the transformative nature for the new work.